VIKING SPORTSMEN MINUTES MAY 17, 2018
BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Todd Lanners, Mark Anderson, Greg Donahue, Jim Stratton, Tim Olson, Dwain Schuette,
Jim Baxter, Gene Sullivan, Greg Eigen, Chuck Porter, Kevin Weisel
Ethan – Nationals in Louisville, KY for HS Archery Club May 10-12, cost of trip $1,000
Jeff Pokerney – Alex Ag, MN Habitat & Wildlife Mngt: 44 students going on trip to Sand Lake, SD
7PM – CALL TO ORDER: President Gene Sullivan
PLEDGE OF ALEGIENCE
SECRETARY REPORT: Motion to approve, Chuck Porter / Mark Anderson Passed.
TREASURER REPORT: Discussed our lands & taxes, Dwain to to check our lands
Motion accept report, Mark Anderson / Dwain Passed.
1. Banquet: approx. $28,000 profit, still funds coming in. Next year’s Banquet tentatively April 4th
2. Jr Vikings: Sand Lake Field Trip: 34 kids attended, $1,330 to rent bus, 5yrs since last trip. Good report back
from Sand Lake Guides, next Wed Wood Duck Banding from Thunderstruck Kennels
3. Membership: Seminar on Fishing – full house with LeRoy Ras
4. Youth Outdoor: Committee is meeting, still on planning
1. ROAR 4wheeler Club: Dwain Schutte requesting funds for helmets to use in Safety Classes, Request $1,000
Motion – Mark Anderson, 2nd Greg Eigen, Motion Passed
1. No Food Plots
2. Banke Scholarship given out to Minnewaska Student
1. Blacktop: Gene met with Fair Board & School $8,900 Blacktop & $3,829 Prep work: Fair 1/3, Transportation 1/3,
VSI 1/3. Gene & Mark try to meet with Mark Weber
2. Arlene Bosek Memorial Plaque: Motion to approve, Mark / Greg E. Passed
MOTION TO ADJURN: Jim B / Greg D. Passed.
NEXT MEETING: Thursday, June 21, 2018 @ Bemo Building.